Thursday, May 2, 2013

Another Attempt at a Cosmic Nocturne Colorway

I wasn't quite satisfied with the dark blue and rusty bronze colorway of my Cosmic Nocturne Pendant, so I made another attempt with these colors.

More Silver



I asked for feedback on this colorway on my Facebook page, and Sharri Moroshok kindly suggested that I add more silver to this pendant. A simple change from bronze to silver seed beads was all that was needed for this result.

For comparison, here's the previous attempt:


Side-by-Side Comparison


I think the silver definitely brightens up this pendant, adding overall contrast and setting the outer layer off from the inner layer. Plus the bright silver on the darker background makes for a starry effect :)


What do you think?

The Cosmic Nocturne Pendant is just one of the projects that I'll be teaching at the Bead & Button Show this June. The class for this particular project is on Friday, June 7, from 1-4 PM. More information about the show can be found on their website.

2 comments:

  1. I like both beaded beads (mega beads ;)) Just a add a touch of silver and here is a different character. I wish I participated in your lesson .... :) Good luck in the creative work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I suppose they are about the size of beaded beads... I seem to always have beaded beads on the brain :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...