Monday, May 13, 2013

Raindrop Flower Necklaces in Four Different Colorways

I finished the additional colorways for my Raindrop Flower Necklace class next month!

Lavender Glow



This version combines glowing lavender drop beads with a collection of dark purple, teal, and metallic matte seed beads for a nice variety of colors and textures. Also, petrol crystal pearls, which really seem to set off the lavender beaded beads.

Egyptian Queen



This version was a last-minute idea inspired by the color work of Margie Deeb. I love cobalt glass beads, but they can be quite challenging to pair with other colors. Margie's book reminded me that cobalt glass looks a lot like lapis, which pairs well with turquoise and hints of gold in a classic Egyptian color scheme.

Blue Ice



Finally, this version combines transparent, slightly icy blue teardrop beads with silver seed beads and tahitian-look crystal pearls for an elegant, cooler color palette. I'm quite proud of this particular photograph because I shot it using the manual mode on my camera, which I'm usually too timid to tackle, but I couldn't get it to look right on a black background with a single light source without adjusting the ISO, shutter speed, and aperture by hand. I think it came out rather well!

Here are all four necklaces hanging out together:


I'll be teaching how to make the Raindrop Flower Necklace on Thursday, June 6 at the upcoming Bead & Button Show. More information about Bead & Button class registration, as well as general show information can be found here. I'd love to see you there!

Which necklace is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...